Improving the TEXTURE of skin by addressing:
- Wrinkles, fine lines, creasing
- Laxity or sagging skin
- Acne scarring or other depressed scarring
- Enlarged pore size
- Elastosis (appears like bumpy or rough skin as result of chronic sun damage)
What causes textural irregularity and what can be done for it?
Wrinkles, folds, and laxity or sagging skin are caused by a number of factors including sun damage, smoking, and simple collagen depletion from aging. Acne scarring and other depressed scarring from trauma to the skin is also caused by depleted collagen in the dermis. The goal in restructuring these textural irregularities is to increase dermal volume underneath the wrinkle, scar or depression. This can be achieved by using lasers, light or energy-based devices which can tighten the skin and stimulate new collagen production OR injectables and fillers, which immediately place temporary or semi-permanent volume underneath the wrinkle or fold.
Laserderm offers numerous rejuvenation options because no two faces are identical. Based on the problem and severity of issues Dr. Laughlin and her team will identify which technology or products will best suit the patient’s needs. This CUSTOM REJUVENATION approach is what sets Laserderm apart from other facilities- the more treatment options to choose from means having the resources necesary to build a treatment program individually-tailored for each patient. Treatment modalities may be “layered” on in particular sequence or concurrently in accordance with Dr. Laughlin’s philosophy of “matching the right technology for the pathology”.
Lasers and light-devices are used to tighten existing tissue as well as stimulate long-term collagen production in the skin. Click here to see the array of technology used at Laserderm for wrinkle treatment and skin tightening. Some patients with severe wrinkling and aged skin may be candidates for laser resurfacing. This is an ablative laser surgery procedure, which involves some “downtime”. Other patients with mild to moderate wrinkling and aged skin can opt to have a series of non-ablative laser procedures which have little to no “downtime”- these patients can return back to work right after the procedure.
Injectables and fillers include:
– Injections for relaxing muscles which cause deep furrowing and wrinkling in areas such as: between the brows, forehead, chin, neck and more. Dr. Laughlin is selected by Allergan as a luminary and is recognized as one of the most experienced and expert injectors in the country.
- Here at Laserderm, rejuvenation using injectables takes on a very unique approach. We understand that our patients usually want to look younger and well-rested, but do not want to look “over-done” or fake. The fine art, skill, and experience in restoring the ideal aesthetic outcome for each individual patient is what sets us apart.
- Volume loss, folds, wrinkles, sagging and laxity are all symptoms of the aging face as it loses collagen, elastin and fat. A natural looking restoration using injectables can typically rejuvenate by 8-10 years. We choose only the best products with superior safety profile and clinical results, and also combine different types of filler so the optimal result can be achieved for jowls, sagging jawline, cheek deflation and lateral face, marionette lines, folds and wrinkles.
- Allergan (maker of Juvederm filler and Botox) created the Soft Lift campaign as a wonderful way to lift and soften the aging face, using a specially tailored combination of muscle relaxing injections and filler injections. Click here to learn more about the Soft Lift procedure. Our mantra for combining Botox and fillers is “the best injectable is the least detectable,” so you can rest assured your results will look natural.
- Attractive and youthful lips is a highly sought-after feature. Striking the delicate balance between a beautiful lip augmentation and maintaining NATURAL looking lips is our specialty. Lips are so personal…that is why they are approached with “haute couture” care here at Laserderm. We preserve the individual aesthetics of each and every patient, so that the correction looks like YOU… just a more beautiful you!
- Mineral based fillers which stimulate new collagen to grow for replacing lost volume and softening deep folds and creases. Radiesse is a particularly wonderful product for rejuvenating the back of hands when the skin gets thinner and they appear bony or prominent with veins. Contouring of the jawline to improve a “jowly” lower face is one of the most popular treatments using Radiesse.
- Poly-L-Lactic acid (Scupltra) is a novel way to non-surgically lift and enhance facial contours to address volume loss and sagging or lax skin. Sculptra stimulates your own collagen to form, so the skin appears bouncy and firmer. The improvement can last 2 years or longer for most patients.
- BellaFill is a unique filler that combines the immediate effects of bovine collagen filler with the permanent effects of a collagen-stimulating particle called PMMA (polymethylmethacrylate). This is especially useful for permanent correction and improvement of defects in the skin such as acne or traumatic scars.
– Syneron elos for Fotofacial, Matrix-IR and Triniti rejuvenation
-Sciton BBL for IPL rejuvenation
-Sciton Joule Erbium
-Deka Smartxide fractionated Co2
-Cutera Laser Gensis
-Valeant Fraxel Dual
-Venus Viva, Venus Freeze
-Injectable treatments for facial, neck and hand rejuvenation including: Botox, Juvederm, Restylane, Teosyal, Radiesse, Sculptra, Bellafill. In-office or at-home options fro micro-needling using Dermaroller.Click Here to See All Technology